Buy Brihat Sachitra Vishnu Purana Book written by Bhaktadas and published by Akshay Library. Get a huge number of Book written by Bhaktadas from our online book shop.
We have a tremendous collection of Books written by Bhaktadas. Akshay Library is a popular name in publication world. Almost all books published by Akshay Library are available in our online store.
Brihat Sachitra Vishnu Purana is one of the bestselling books. If you are searching Brihat Sachitra Vishnu Purana then you are at right place. You can buy Brihat Sachitra Vishnu Purana at an affordable price.
About Vishnu Purana
The Vishnu Purana is one of the eighteen Mahapuranas, a genre of ancient Indian scriptures that provide a comprehensive account of mythology, cosmology, genealogy, and religious teachings. The Vishnu Purana is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, one of the principal deities in Hinduism.
Authored by sage Parashara, the Vishnu Purana is believed to have been composed between the 3rd and 5th centuries CE, although it incorporates earlier material from ancient texts. It is written in Sanskrit and consists of six books (or sections) called “Amsha,” which cover various aspects of Hindu cosmology and mythology.
Here is a brief overview of the contents of each Amsha of the Vishnu Purana:
- Creation (Adi-Khanda): This section provides an account of the creation of the universe, the manifestations of Lord Vishnu, and the emergence of various gods, sages, and creatures. It also includes the genealogy of several prominent dynasties and the stories of Lord Vishnu’s incarnations (avatars).
- Preservation (Pralaya-Khanda): This section describes the preservation of the universe through cycles of creation, sustenance, and dissolution. It presents cosmological details, including the structure of the universe, the heavenly realms, and the celestial beings.
- Delusion (Vaishnava-Khanda): This section focuses on religious practices, rituals, and worship dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It emphasizes the importance of devotion (bhakti) and describes various modes of worship, including the use of images and sacred symbols.
- Rajasuya (Rajasuya-Khanda): This section discusses the Rajasuya Yajna, a grand ritual performed by ancient kings to assert their sovereignty and gain universal recognition. It includes details of the ritual procedure, the participants, and the rewards obtained by the king.
- The Story of Lord Krishna (Sri-Krishna-Khanda): This section is dedicated to the life and exploits of Lord Krishna, one of the most revered avatars of Lord Vishnu. It covers his birth, childhood, divine miracles, the Mahabharata war, and his teachings in the Bhagavad Gita.
- The Story of Kali (Bhagavata-Khanda): This final section focuses on the future events of the Kali Yuga, the current age of moral decline, and the subsequent restoration of righteousness. It includes prophecies about Lord Kalki’s arrival, the end of the world, and the beginning of a new cycle.
The Vishnu Purana is not only a religious text but also an important source for understanding Hindu cosmology, mythology, and philosophical concepts. It explores the relationship between the divine, the cosmos, and human existence while emphasizing the significance of devotion, righteousness, and spiritual liberation.