Buy Sri Sri Padma Purana Book written by Dijo Bansi Das and published by Akshay Library. Get a huge number of Book written by Dijo Bansi Das from our online book shop.
We have a tremendous collection of Books written by Dijo Bansi Das. Akshay Library is a popular name in publication world. Almost all books published by Akshay Library are available in our online store.
Sri Sri Padma Purana is one of the bestselling books. If you are searching Sri Sri Padma Purana then you are at right place. You can buy Sri Sri Padma Purana at an affordable price.
About Padma Purana
The Padma Purana is one of the eighteen Mahapuranas, a genre of ancient Hindu scriptures that contain mythological, genealogical, and philosophical teachings. It is named after the lotus (padma) that symbolizes purity and divinity in Hinduism.
The Padma Purana is believed to have been composed between the 4th and 8th centuries CE, although it incorporates earlier material from ancient texts. It is written in Sanskrit and consists of five parts, known as Khandas or sections, which cover various aspects of Hindu cosmology, mythology, genealogy, rituals, and spiritual teachings.
Here is a brief overview of the contents of each Khanda of the Padma Purana:
- Srishti Khanda (Section on Creation): This section provides an account of the creation of the universe, the birth of gods and goddesses, the formation of various worlds, and the origin of life forms. It explores cosmological details and the concept of cyclical time.
- Bhumi Khanda (Section on Earth): This section describes the earth, its geography, mountains, rivers, and sacred places. It also includes information about pilgrimage sites, rituals, and the importance of sacred baths.
- Svarga Khanda (Section on Heaven): This section presents details about the celestial realms, the hierarchy of gods and celestial beings, and the rewards and punishments in afterlife realms based on one’s deeds.
- Brahma Khanda (Section on Brahma): This section focuses on Lord Brahma, the creator deity, and contains his myths, legends, genealogy, and rituals associated with his worship.
- Uttara Khanda (Later Section): This section includes diverse topics such as the importance of various deities, legends of great sages and kings, advice on righteous conduct, the nature of reality, the practice of yoga and meditation, and the principles of dharma (righteousness).
The Padma Purana serves as a comprehensive guide for religious and moral conduct, providing teachings on devotion, ethics, and spirituality. It emphasizes the importance of rituals, pilgrimage, and the worship of various deities. The Purana also includes stories and narratives that showcase moral and ethical lessons.
Like other Puranas, interpretations of the Padma Purana may vary, and it is considered sacred and studied by scholars, priests, and spiritual seekers to deepen their understanding of Hindu mythology and religious traditions.